Although, trying to run – out your clock, is, a somewhat – widely used tactic, by many defendants, former President Donald J. Trump has seemed, to create this, in an art – form! Before he was President, he often used a litigious – strategy, where although sue others, apparently, to deter them, from going – after him, etc! However, when it related to legal actions, against him, and/ or, his businesses, or dependant on actions, he took, as leader in the Free World, it seems like he continues, relying upon this strategy! With, that at heart, the following paragraphs will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 degrees of this, and why, ordinary people, must be concerned about the possible implications, and ramifications.
1. Suits against him and the businesses, in New York: Both, the State Attorney General, in addition to the New York County District Attorney, have investigations, occurring, versus the previous President. The state’s case is really a civil action, as you move the county, does a criminal investigation! He has stated, he really should be immune, as a consequence of Executive Privilege, and claimed, these cases are only, political, by his enemies. When any claim is disallowed with a Court, he, either appeals, or institutes one more! In an apparent try and deter, or, a minimum of, delay, AG James’ case, he or she is suing her, for discrimination, bias, etc, against him! If, he’s allowed to pull off it, raise the risk is, whenever they prosecuting any high – profile individual, later on. In his mind, his opinions, agenda, and self – interests, are facts, and anything, is usually a fake fact!
2. Congressional hearings/ stalling: Claiming Executive Privilege, he’s informing his former – aides, not to ever testify! Many have followed his instructions, either, refusing to resolve, subpoenas, and/ or, claiming the Fifth Amendment! If, the Congress no longer can do this, what goes on to the Balance of Powers, and Congressional oversight, etc?
3. Civil suits/ actions: When, accused, and sued, he used his political office, to justify, delaying, and/ or, refusing to cooperate! Even, though, the precedent was, otherwise, when President Clinton was sued and accused, anf the husband was instructed to testify, Trump carries on believe, he could be above what the law states!
4. Political pressure: Trump is often a master, of applying, political pressure, if this suits his purposes, and objectives! Who can forget his Republican allies, inside Senate, who claimed, impeachment, didn’t count, as they was out – of – office, although, supporting his continuous claims, of election fraud (without proof)? Whenever anyone questions, and/ or, opposes him, he tries to pur extreme pressure in it, because, it appears, with a large – extent, the Republican Party, may be transformed to the Party of Trump!
5. Executive Privilege/ Power/ Over – reach: While, there is often a need for Executive Privilege, it must be used, for matters, of national security, etc, instead of for personal privilege, etc! His over – reach, has extreme, potential ramifications, to the future, as we fail to address, them, now!
Wake up, America, and remind your elected officials, nobody is above, legislation! Will you turn into more – responsible voter?